Mobile App Penetration Test
What is mobile application penetration testing? Why is it important?
A mobile app penetration test is performed to identify any mobile application vulnerabilities that could lead to data loss. This security assessment, also known as mobile security testing, is dynamic in nature, meaning it is conducted while the application is functioning.
Our thorough security services concentrate on four key areas of the mobile attack surface i.e. Reverse engineering, Data at rest, Data in transit, web services/APIs.
What are the biggest mobile security threats?
For a mobile application to support confidentiality, integrity, and availability of a system and its data, a mobile application has to ensure cyber hygiene on many fronts.
- Weak Server Side Controls are a primary target because any communication outside the mobile devices occurs via server.
- Insecure Data Storage as sometimes developers depend upon the client storage for data.
- Transport Layer Protection includes encrypted routes through which the data is transferred/received to/from the server.
- A threat actor who can easily reverse the application code to find flaws that can be exploited, or injecting malware is a serious concern. Binary Protection is important to secure the applications installed on phones.
- Data Leakage due to application bugs, residual data on the device, or lack of secure coding practices.
Most importantly, don’t forget to get your mobile application independently validated against application controls.
Benefits of Mobile Penetration Testing
– Ensure strong authentication, authorisation, encryption mechanisms
– Find mobile app or device loopholes to avoid data leakage or theft
– PCI DSS, ISO 27001, Compliance Support